News & Alerts
May 17, 2019 GOVERNOR POLIS ANNOUNCES NEW COLORADO OIL AND GAS CONSERVATION COMMISSION
On May 17, 2019, Governor Polis announced the new Oil and Gas Commission, which will meet on May 21, 2019 for its first hearing. Members of the Commission now include:
Effective May 17, 2019 for a term expiring July 1, 2020:
- Brenda Haun of Grover, Colorado, to serve as an agricultural production or royalty member, and as an Unaffiliated, appointed. Ms. Haun is a veterinarian and she and her family own a cattle ranch in Weld County.
- Erin Overturf of Denver, Colorado, to serve as an environmental protection member, and as a Democrat, appointed. Ms. Overturf is Deputy Director, Clean Energy Program with Western Resource Advocates.
- Howard Boigon of Denver, Colorado, to serve as a member with experience in the oil and gas industry, and as a Democrat, appointed. Mr. Boigon is an oil and gas attorney with many years of experience in the industry.
- John Messner of Gunnison, Colorado, to serve as a local government member, and as a Democrat, appointed. Mr. Messner is a Gunnison County Commissioner.
- Liane Jollon of Durango, Colorado, to serve as a member with experience in public health, and as an Unaffiliated, appointed. Ms. Jollon is the Director of San Juan Basin Public Health.
- Mark Hopkins of Broomfield, Colorado, to serve as a member with technical expertise relevant to the issues considered by the commission, and as a Republican, appointed. Mr. Hopkins is a retired engineer following a career with the Chevron Corporation.
- Pam Eaton of Boulder, Colorado, to serve as a wildlife protection member, and as a Democrat, appointed. Ms. Eaton is founder of Green West Strategies, a consulting firm focusing on conservation and renewable energy and former Deputy Vice President with The Wilderness Society.
Dan Gibbs, Executive Director, Colorado Department of Natural Resources or his designee and Jill Hunsaker Ryan, Executive Director, Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment or her designee, are ex-officio voting members.